Mid-weight / Senior Designer
We’re looking for a bloody brilliant new senior creative to join our team, you’ll be delivering high quality digital and print design solutions for clients across a range of sectors.
The ideal designer is a confident and inspired creative, likes to learn, a people person, and has the skills to think both commercially and conceptually to bring projects to life through outstanding creative execution.
You must be a visual problem solver, you’ll understand how to dissect content, identify solutions to meet the clients needs and define hierarchy to create layouts in the most impactful, imaginative and innovative way.
Whether a quick turnaround leaflet, an in-depth branding project or a bespoke pitch, we require an exceptional level of visual communication and quality of finish. Ideas and creativity are the main thing we’re looking for, but attention to detail is also essential.
In addition to strong layout, typography and digital skills, our new designer needs to be able to create supporting visuals including photo-real mock-ups, photo retouching/manipulation and animations (beneficial, not essential).
Experience with creating marketing collateral is vital, from brochures to social graphics and emails, event branding and advertising to mood boards.
What makes you brilliant?
- Ability and passion to create considered layouts that feel more the like the pages of a coffee table book than a corporate presentation
- Meticulous attention to detail attention to detail – from pixel-perfect positioning to spelling and grammar
- Diligently uphold brand guidelines with a strong knowledge of design standards
- Proactively independent, actively assist all members of the team when you have capacity and seek solutions to a range of challenges
- Has the ability to make well thought-out, autonomous creative decisions
- Strong communication skills with both clients and members of the team
- Positive, can-do attitude. Takes direction and constructive criticism well
- Keeps up to date with creative trends and enjoys sharing with the wider team
- Adapt to focus on priority projects and last minute requirements whilst working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of accountability and pride in their work
- Ability to work collaboratively with the wider creative team and respective project managers
- Great problem solving skills and the ability to think critically
- Self-disciplined, proactive and unafraid of sharing new ideas
The technical bits
- 5+ years experience in an agency environment
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and XD
- Experience in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
- Apple Mac user
- Experience in animation (preferred, not essential)
- Experience in video editing (preferred, not essential)
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this position, then please submit a full CV, design portfolio showing recent and relevant creative work and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time position hybrid position and applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are currently working flexibly between home and in-office.
Please note we will shortlist suitable applicants as they apply. The role may close without prior notice – we have no application deadline.
No agencies, thanks.